mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


Sideswept bangs are better than sideswiped cars


On the way to breakfast this morning, I turned to Caylan and said, "I hope I can squeeze 20 years out of this car." (Nelly, my car, is 13 years old). Once at the restaurant, I parallel parked and we went inside. While we were eating, a friend, who was also at the restaurant, but sitting near the window, came up to me and informed me that my car had just been sideswiped. I immediately turned to Caylan and said, "maybe I'll get a new car!" In thirteen years, I cannot believe this is the first accident that Nelly has been involved in where I was not at fault.

Turns out a drunk (it was 10:30 a.m.) sideswiped my car and another in his '67 Chevy pickup. The police came and the driver was taken to jail to sober up.

Back in the day, I (barely) hit a pole at my parking garage in Houston and I ended up having to glue my sideview mirror into place. Now that drunk knocked it off, I am getting it fixed for free.
Only in North Dakota do the drunks carry liability insurance!

1 Responses to “Sideswept bangs are better than sideswiped cars”

  1. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    Oh my goodness Nelly! So glad that you weren't in the car and that they were able to get the drunko off the road!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health