mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


Art Auction

The graduating law school class hosts an art auction every year to raise money for its class gift and graduation party. The event is always a blast. There really isn't much art being auctioned off. Instead, things like dinners with profs, the dean's parking spot for a week, designated drivers for the night, babysitters, etc. are auctioned off. It gets really interesting because the bidders (law students) are all really competitive people and under the influence of alcohol. For example, wine tasting for eight with a popular professor went for $2400. During the bidding, I kept thinking of all the beautiful things I would rather buy with that money.

Lindsey and Cathy
The Cathys and me (all red heads)



1 Responses to “Art Auction”

  1. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    I just went to one too! You're toally right about being under the influence and bidding! Nothing really tempted me because like you, all I thought of was other things I could buy with the moola! Glad you had fun :-)  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health