mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


whirl wind

Last Thursday I was starting to feel better so my mom and I decided to go for a walk. When we got home we were sitting on the front porch when an attorney neighbor came home for lunch, saw me, and asked if I wanted a summer job at his firm. I said yes and he said to come by his office that afternoon for an interview. After the interview he asked if I'd stay and start working right then. I did! He put me in a nice office and I started working on a project he gave me.

The next morning I went to work and sat at my mahogany desk. Within the next hour another intern, who is a 3L (term for 3rd year law student), came in and informed me I was at HER desk and needed to move. She pointed in the direction of the room I needed to go. She then went to talk to another intern who is also a 3L. So I grabbed my folders and headed in the direction pointed. She had pointed to the file room. I thought she was kidding and had surely just "punked" me. So I went back to the fancy office. She came back in and said I was going to have to move. I told her she would have to show me where she wanted me to go, because where she pointed was the file room. She said that's where I had to go. Sad. I now have a dusty little desk in the file room. The attorney I am working for was gone, but when he came in I told him that if he was looking for me, to look in the file room because I had been bumped. I thought he would say something like, oh no- I meant for you to have the fancy office because you are so much cuter than that that 3L. But alas, he didn't. He just chuckled and said I guess that's what they do to the junior-junior intern. Yesterday the job kinda stunk- I am sure it had to do with being bumped to the file room, but today was much better. I finished a little project I was working on and seemed to get positive feedback.

On another positive note- I made Law Review! My grades do not put me at the top of my class, but I decided to at least try to make Law Review through the Write-On Competition. To my surprise, I made it. I have no clue what LR is about, but I am excited about it. Here is a picture of the 1970 UND Law Review board members.

1 Responses to “whirl wind”

  1. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    1} Of course you are cuter than the 3L
    2}At least you have something to laugh about-the file room is pretty funny. I sat at a file cabinet for 3 weeks once.
    3} CONGRATS on law review!!! Just goes to show you that they don't just look at one thing, they look at the overall package! And that fabulous red hair!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health