mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


cat fight


In college I had my "own" table by a window at the library. And even though I had been there everyday prior, once finals rolled around my table would get stolen by someone who hadn't stepped foot into the library since finals time the semester before. This really irked me.

With 2008 came diets and gym goers. The first time I tried to go to spin class in 2008, there was not a bike available; the second try I got a bike, just not "mine."

I know my fellow students don't like to have the fan on, because they like to have a good sweat. But with 30 people stuffed into a tiny room huffing and puffing on their bikes, I have got to have the fan going. Since I know folks prefer the fan off I wait until after the second song to turn the fans on. When I did this on Monday I heard the instructor mumble something. So during the entire third song my mind was running...is she really made at me??? I was annoyed. At the end of the song, she said something to the effect of, "Marcy, you're killing me, I can't yell over the fans!" So I got off my bike, turned off the fans, collected my jacket and keys and exited the room. ...all this with her saying, "Marcy, Marcy come back."

I know, this is such drama.

I finished my workout by getting on the stationary bike in the main part of the gym. My mind continued to run. Here are things that upset me about the situation:

1. I don't like to be yelled at (but I understand that's what motivates a lot of people during spin class), but I especially don't like to be yelled at to do something off of the bicycle.
2. It really disgusts me to not have any air circulation in that room.
3. If the majority of the class wants the fans off, then I guess I won't go to class.
4. Maybe I'll bring my own little fan to class
5. I work harder than the rest of the fatties in class, thus need a fan blowing on me
6. The instructor used to be a band director and she treated me like one of her students
7. It is disrespectful to yell at someone.

And the drama continues.

Today the instructor called my cell phone and left a message for me to call her back. I haven't yet because I was busy and did not want to take time away from my work to compose what I would say, much less talk to her. I will call her tomorrow.

4 Responses to “cat fight”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I completely understand! I liked fans on in spin class also, but had a completely different problem- there was a "fan hog" in class. Grrr.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I like a fan in spin class. In fact, I like it blowing right on me, but do allow it to oscillate on the others nearby. Your instructor needs to take a chill pill. I do not like being singled out by the instructor...as mine did last night. Said my butt was bouncing too much as we were spinning. (I'm sure it bounces all the time too). She asked me at the end of the class if she embarrassed me and I said "yes!"  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I've never had a problem with the fan, but once while at the gym I was on the eliptical machine and I didn't think anyone was watching the tv in front of me. I got off the machine and grabbed the remote and changed the channel to espn. As soon as I changed it I heard a voice to rows behind me scream, "I'm watching that!". It was on Judge "freakin'" Judy. Are you kidding me? The best part was less than 2 minutes later, she got off the stairstepper and left the gym.  

  4. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    I don't think you were being overly dramatic at all- I would have been so fed up that I would have left too! You know I fully support air being circulated everywhere!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health