Bellingham to Portland to Newport
2 Comments Published by Mt. Marcy on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 1:03 AM.
On Tuesday we rose early, took Jane on a short walk, and visited the food coop in Bellingham. I got granola for breakfast; Caylan got a nori roll (essentially, unsliced sushi, eaten like a burrito). We then got in the car for a big day of visiting coops.
First we stopped in Mount Vernon. I tried raw goat milk! Then we went to a coop in Everett. When Caylan goes into coops, I usually take Jane for a walk, then I go in and by then Caylan has asked permission for me to take pictures. I take pictures that Caylan will later develop. He uses them for two purposes: to share with the customer and to use in-house so that when they call he can remember what the store looks like.
After Everett, we drove to Lynnwood, which is a suburb of Seattle. We met a law school friend of mine, Lu. We were on trial team together. She moved to the U.S. from China when she was 11 and as a child she modeled in L.A. We lunched at the Nordstrom Cafe. She coxed me to be more "azn" (asian) and give peace signs in my pictures. Hilarious. Lu also gave us a bag of Seattle goodies (soda, chocolate, dried blueberries).
(noodle advertisement and magazine cover)
(with Jane)
We then went to food coops in Tacamo and Olympia. We went back to Portland for the night. We listened to the presidential debate on the radio. We met some of Caylan's friends for dinner and then we went to a pub and played skeeball. We slept on Caylan's friend's sofa bed.
Wednesday morning I took Jane for a jalk (run/walk) and we did laundry at the friend's house. We brunched at a restaurant called Pine State Biscuit. I immediately recognized the Cheerwine soda they sold and by the time I saw country ham and pulled pork on the menu, I realized that it was a North Carolina inspired restaurant. The country ham and collards didn't compare to my Granny's, but we still enjoyed it. We then took Jane to a dog park to romp. She chased dogs, befriended a miniature schnauzer puppy, and showed off her new booties. Since she has sensitive paws and thin pads, we think she appreciated her new soles.
Before leaving Portland we went shoe shopping (to no avail) and got a sugar high at Voodoo Donuts.
We then went to a food coop in Vancouver, OR and drove to Newport, OR. The general manager at the coop in Vancouver is a dog fan and gave Jane jerky made for dogs. Here is Jane jumping to catch jerky.
We made it to Newport tonight. The Oregon coastline is beautiful and quite different from North Carolina. There isn't a strong beach scent, the waves are giant, and the shore is rocky. We took Jane on the beach tonight and she loved it. It was deserted and she ran wild. She was concerned about the barking otters in a distant, but not interested in the waves.
We went to Rogue Brewery for dinner and I had clam chowder - my favorite!
After Everett, we drove to Lynnwood, which is a suburb of Seattle. We met a law school friend of mine, Lu. We were on trial team together. She moved to the U.S. from China when she was 11 and as a child she modeled in L.A. We lunched at the Nordstrom Cafe. She coxed me to be more "azn" (asian) and give peace signs in my pictures. Hilarious. Lu also gave us a bag of Seattle goodies (soda, chocolate, dried blueberries).
(noodle advertisement and magazine cover)
(with Jane)
We then went to food coops in Tacamo and Olympia. We went back to Portland for the night. We listened to the presidential debate on the radio. We met some of Caylan's friends for dinner and then we went to a pub and played skeeball. We slept on Caylan's friend's sofa bed.
Wednesday morning I took Jane for a jalk (run/walk) and we did laundry at the friend's house. We brunched at a restaurant called Pine State Biscuit. I immediately recognized the Cheerwine soda they sold and by the time I saw country ham and pulled pork on the menu, I realized that it was a North Carolina inspired restaurant. The country ham and collards didn't compare to my Granny's, but we still enjoyed it. We then took Jane to a dog park to romp. She chased dogs, befriended a miniature schnauzer puppy, and showed off her new booties. Since she has sensitive paws and thin pads, we think she appreciated her new soles.
Before leaving Portland we went shoe shopping (to no avail) and got a sugar high at Voodoo Donuts.
We then went to a food coop in Vancouver, OR and drove to Newport, OR. The general manager at the coop in Vancouver is a dog fan and gave Jane jerky made for dogs. Here is Jane jumping to catch jerky.
We made it to Newport tonight. The Oregon coastline is beautiful and quite different from North Carolina. There isn't a strong beach scent, the waves are giant, and the shore is rocky. We took Jane on the beach tonight and she loved it. It was deserted and she ran wild. She was concerned about the barking otters in a distant, but not interested in the waves.
We went to Rogue Brewery for dinner and I had clam chowder - my favorite!




.jpg)




thanks for not using "breakfasted" in this post.
Verbification is fun. Repeats are not. Got it!