When posed with the question, "if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would you chose?" I always respond, "pizza!" because of its deliciousness, versatility, and inclusion of all the major food groups. The problem is, there are no good pizza joints in Winona. The local favorite seems to be Godfather's for its "breathtaking view" of the Mississippi River.
I've made many pizzas from store (H-E-B) purchased crusts, but I've never made my own crust. I always thought it would be too difficult. But, as I've learned, it's really not if you have a Cuisinart. It just takes time for rising. We used a VPN certified recipe and pizza flour. We baked them in the oven and on the grill. We've even baked pieces of the crust in the toaster oven as a naan-substitute. Plus, it's easy to prepare the dough in advance, freeze, and take out when ready to bake. Here's a before, during, and after picture (three kinds in one- marinara, baba ganoush, and pesto . . . all homemade).
Although she has never tried pizza, Jane tells us that it is really one of her favorite foods and that it is practically dog-neglect not to share with her.
I've made many pizzas from store (H-E-B) purchased crusts, but I've never made my own crust. I always thought it would be too difficult. But, as I've learned, it's really not if you have a Cuisinart. It just takes time for rising. We used a VPN certified recipe and pizza flour. We baked them in the oven and on the grill. We've even baked pieces of the crust in the toaster oven as a naan-substitute. Plus, it's easy to prepare the dough in advance, freeze, and take out when ready to bake. Here's a before, during, and after picture (three kinds in one- marinara, baba ganoush, and pesto . . . all homemade).
Although she has never tried pizza, Jane tells us that it is really one of her favorite foods and that it is practically dog-neglect not to share with her.




0 Responses to “Pizza factory”
Post a Comment