
Jane is not spoiled. She has Lamb Chop, a squeaky toy that she adores, a kong that we put peanut butter in, and she sleeps in her crate atop an old comforter folded up as a makeshift bed. I did, however, splurge and get her a bag of Greenies treats, which also clean teeth. Of course, I got the giant ones for large breed dogs.
Caylan called this afternoon worried- he had given Jane her first ever giant-sized Greeny. He explained Jane had done something really stupid and bypassed chewing and instead swallowed the Greeny. He called Jane's vet, but left a message. So he called another vet who said that if she started dry heaving to bring her in, if there were blockage they could remove it for $1K, but to otherwise wait for it to pass in a couple of days. Then Caylan called me. My first reaction was probably wrong. I laughed. Silly dog. Then I asked what was she doing now. Playing with Lamb Chop. Had she been able to drink water? Yes. Had she dry heaved? No. Did she appear uncomfortable? No she was playful. I checked our free insurance policy out and it covered "foreign object injection removal." I must admit that even though my inclination was that she didn't need to go to the vet, it felt good knowing that she was insured. Jane's vet called back and said not to worry, her stomach acids would digest it.
All is well with Jane. The joke now is, "I can't believe Jane almost died from eating a $2 Greenies treat."

Oh my goodness...so glad you have a level head! We give Layla the smallest size of Greenies. She gets one every morning when I leave and put her up in the kitchen. It makes both of us feel better :-)