mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


space cadet


Oh how I used to get so mad when my mother would call me a space cadet. I mean who calls their only daughter a ditz? My comeback was that astronauts were brains. But I have come to realize I really am a space cadet. This summer I am losing my mind. No doubt, stress has something to do with it. It's really annoying that I can't find anything. Items I have lost:

1. headphones- I vaguely remember packing these, but refuse to unpack boxes
2. sleeping bag- how do you lose a sleeping bag? It's in a large laundry bag looking sac and I'm pretty sure I used it in November
3. wallet- but only for 36 hours (got lots of free meals when I would open my purse and remember I couldn't find my wallet)
4. a cd- later found in a grocery bag that I had forgotten to unload
5. hydration system for my backpack. I could have sworn I had a special platypus bladder that fit in the "brain" of my osprey, but of course I can't find it and no one knows what I'm talking about (my dad or the local mountain shop)
6. at this time I can't remember anything else I've lost, but I'm sure there's more

More on stress: The summer before the Faircloths moved from Mississippi to North Dakota I threw up on a daily basis. Well that little ritual has started again, great...

4 Responses to “space cadet”

  1. # Blogger Mary

    Sissy,

    Take a chill pill; nothing is worth making you throw up.

    You'll be happy to know we finally turned on the AC in ND today...and it's the 25th of June! I'm leaving the electric blanket out for you!

    Mamsie  

  2. # Blogger Mt. Marcy

    The other thing I've lost is my gym card. Arg!  

  3. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    It's okay Marcy Marc...I'll see you this weekend. I'll even hold on to your wallet for you!  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This weekend will be stress free! And....no throwing up; I just can't take it.

    Excited to see you-

    Kathryn  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health