mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


overachiever


My goal for the weekend was to pack one moving box. I plan to pack a little at a time so as to not be rushed at the end. I was such an overachiever on Saturday- I packed six boxes. Then I went back to work to get more boxes and packed three more today. So far I have packed platters, china, glassware, etc. Rev is so excited about her newly found cabinet space in the kitchen. Rude.

On Saturday Rev and I also road our bikes to the community farm, World Hunger Relief, to buy some veggies and eggs. It was supposed to be an hour and a half trip, but with twenty-five mph winds, it ended up being a brutal four hour trip. We were tired, drained and moody so the only thing that could cheer us up was Bush's fried chicken, fried okra, sweet rolls and sweet tea. The chicken was so fresh, we were having grease fires in our mouths with every bite. So good.

We are also planning a girls' week long backpacking trip along the Colorado Trail. Rev has never backpacked, much less slept overnight in a tent. I'm not expecting spectacular expedition behavior, but I know we'll have a blast. Since we'll be carrying packs and hiking five straight days we'll be training the next three weeks. We ran to the gym today and did squats, dead lifts, and a bunch of other stuff that made me want to cry for my mommy. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

Brag alert! I sold six more books on amazon over the weekend and my bike saddle on ebay. I have so much stuff to take to the post office that I am afraid I'll have to make two trips.

1 Responses to “overachiever”

  1. # Blogger the roache hotel

    have you ever actually said the phrase "brag alert?" : )  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health