
The custom here in ND is to take your shoes off when you enter someone's house. I find it really annoying to untie and remove my shoes just to enter someone's house. Then you have to walk around in your socks, not to mention you're exposed to looking at everyone else's nasty feet or socks. I can understand taking your shoes off if they are covered with snow or some other grime, but otherwise, I want to keep my shoes on.

Oh my gosh, I don't miss that at all. When the shoes are covered with snow its impossible to get your shoes back on without getting your socks wet. I can totally remember feeling cold water seeping through my sock and thinking... SHOOT!!
if i had to wear any of those shoes in that picture, i'd probably want to take them off too.
Where did you get that picture? It is so ND!!
I must add that I would not mind adopting this lovely new mannerism, but your father and you are major obstacles!
How funny and odd. I was friends with a girl in elementary school and her parents made everyone take their shoes off when arriving. I never got it personally.