mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


my second coming


Revekah and I made it to Grand Forks late Thursday night after a 1500 mile road trip. We left Wednesday morning, stopped in Wichita to have a late lunch with my great aunt and uncle and stayed over night in Iowa City. Thursday morning we ran around the University of Iowa, which is an urban campus that skirts in and out of downtown Iowa City, had breakfast at a local bagel shop, went back to the hotel to clean up and had another breakfast on the way out of town. We had a late lunch in Saint Paul, Minnesota. A friend recommended we go to a certain area of town to shop and eat, which we did and loved.

Once we arrived at my parents' house we stayed up late talking and have been recovering from our trip ever since. We went to a couple of boutiques Friday, ran to my high school and did sprints around the track and watched the Olympics last night. I now want to adopt a little Chinese boy.

Today we are going to head downtown to the Farmers' Market and then go to Foxy Nails for pedicures. Revekah heads back to Texas Sunday morning and the moving truck arrives on Monday. My first visitor comes on Wednesday when Jillian comes to visit family.

2 Responses to “my second coming”

  1. # Blogger Mary

    Have you noticed that 2 people have not stopped smiling since you arrived?

    mom  

  2. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    I bet Mary & Jim won't stop smiling for a year or so! So glad that you made the trip safely and that you and Revekah are having fun. Already a visitor?! That's awesome! I never thought I would say this ever in my life..."I can't wait to come visit you in North Dakota!"  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health