mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


one sad yogi

My yoga practice in Waco is coming to an end. My class is taught in a lovely neighborhood episcopalian church's courtyard. The instructor is interesting to say the least. I have never seen him without his black doo-rag on, he sports nike attire always, makes homemade bug spray, drives a red sports car and recently changed his last name to Zolin (which according to Urban Dictionary means "a person who kills someone when they aren't looking). Actually, Shane, the yoga guru, is gentle and harmless. His former last name was something that looked like "Wienerschnitzel," so I completely understand him wanting to change his name. ..but no clue why he chose Zolin.

Because summer schedules have class members going in different directions and the class size has been consistently inconsistent, Shane has canceled the class. I am going to try to have a private lesson with him before I leave, but I am going to really miss this midweek retreat. My favorite part about Shane's class is that at the end, during meditation, he goes around to each yogi and massages their temples and scalp. I always wanted to say, "if you keep going, I'll tip ya!" I hope I can find a good yoga class in North Dakota and time to go to it.

Namaste :)

1 Responses to “one sad yogi”

  1. # Blogger Lauren Kate

    Very interesting...  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health