mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


from the observation deck


North Dakota Observations:

1. "Spendy" is an adjective. If you want to comment on the price of something expensive, just say "Oh nO, that's awfully spendy!"
2. People walk abnormally slow. I wonder if that will change when Winter comes?
3. If you and another person are wearing a name tag and you ask the person their name, they'll tell you. But if you follow up by politely telling them your name, the response is "yeah, I read your name tag."
4. Defensive driving is the norm. Drivers will not cross a street unless no other vehicles are in sight. Also, yellow means slam on your breaks and stop.
5. When a cashier asks you if you want a "beg" the answer is yes- because you do want a bag.
6. Law students know how to party hard and start the first week.
7. My parents love rituals. Saturdays are steak night, Fridays crock-pot, sandwich and vanilla yogurt at lunch, workouts happen twice a day ( in the morning they walk or spin and in the afternoon they meet at the gym)
8. My mother also comes into my room at least once a day to sniff and febreeze. Apparently I smell like a handsome great dane.
9. I really miss that dog!
10. I am really glad I am here and attending UND.

0 Responses to “from the observation deck”

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health