It has been a long winter in Winona. Thankfully as of late we've been doing a lot more rollerblading than snowblowing.
A few months ago Caylan and I dogeared seed catalogs (Johnny's and Seed Savers) for what we would grow in our garden this year. Upon seeing the number of plants on our final order form, I asked, "will Jane still have room to play in the backyard?" I was assured the garden wouldn't consume the entire backyard.
The seeds arrived and we started our little seedings. Caylan made a chart so that we would know where everything is. Caylan put them on an electric blanket (seeds like warmth).
And setup a light on an automatic timer (on at 6am, off at 8pm).
A fan blows on them always to build strength and prevent mold.
A few months ago Caylan and I dogeared seed catalogs (Johnny's and Seed Savers) for what we would grow in our garden this year. Upon seeing the number of plants on our final order form, I asked, "will Jane still have room to play in the backyard?" I was assured the garden wouldn't consume the entire backyard.
The seeds arrived and we started our little seedings. Caylan made a chart so that we would know where everything is. Caylan put them on an electric blanket (seeds like warmth).
And setup a light on an automatic timer (on at 6am, off at 8pm).
A fan blows on them always to build strength and prevent mold.
I am always amazed that things can grow from seed. The tomatoes are doing so well that we had to transplant them into larger spaces.
On a side note, we are starting to meet our new neighbors. Our next door neighbors, Jerry and Barb, are elderly and have lived in their house for 50+ years. The send us funny emails and are always smiling. Our neighbor across the street is also older and has lived in her house for 40+ years. Her husband recently died so we took her some fruit. Today after our rollerblade with Jane, she came by and brought us blueberry muffins and italian soda bread. Mmm!










Wow!!!!