Once you pass the bar, before you can actually practice law, you have to be sworn in and promise to uphold the constitution and be a good lawyer. Typically that swearing in is conducted at a big ceremony at the state capital. The big ceremony for Minnesota occured when we were on our big road trip. Fortunately there are other ways to be sworn in. I had a local judge administer my oath in something called In Abstentia Admission. The oath took place in the judge's chambers. Caylan and all four lawyers from my firm came to watch. I could not believe that they all came. It was really thoughtful and kind of them to come.
Everyday before work I read the oath (just kidding). The oath says:
I do swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States and that of the State of Minnesota and will conduct myself as an attorney and counselor at law, in an upright and courteous manner, to the best of my learning and ability, with all good fidelity as well as to the court as to the client, and that I will use no falsehood or deceit, nor delay any person's cause for lucre or malice, SO HELP ME GOD.
Here I am signing the oath.
Everyday before work I read the oath (just kidding). The oath says:
I do swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States and that of the State of Minnesota and will conduct myself as an attorney and counselor at law, in an upright and courteous manner, to the best of my learning and ability, with all good fidelity as well as to the court as to the client, and that I will use no falsehood or deceit, nor delay any person's cause for lucre or malice, SO HELP ME GOD.
Here I am signing the oath.


Hooray! You are officially an officer of the court. Nice job.