The wedding we have all been waiting for
1 Comments Published by Mt. Marcy on Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 10:09 AM.Lauren and Tim got married this past weekend. Mom and I flew down to Houston to celebrate their holy matrimony. Once we landed, we immediately lunched and went shopping. Then we headed to the church for the rehearsal. The bride and all of her bridesmaids made it on time to the rehearsal. Tim and his posse were about an hour and a half late because they had typed in the wrong address to the church. Other than that tiny glitch, everything else went as planned. Lauren was very calm ... her big city attorney aunt was not.
After the rehearsal we headed to Cadillac Bar for dinner. The margaritas and Mexican food were to die for. Mom and I sat with Nancy and Reverend Ken (Tim's parents), an aunt of Tim's, and Brian and Megan. Lauren and Tim had put together a picture slideshow. The best part of the slideshow were the pictures of Lauren and Tim, which was played to the tune of "Son of a Preacher Man." After dinner, I dropped Mom off at our hotel and I went out with Baylor friends and got to meet Tim's graduate school friends from Kansas.
At the rehearsal dinner
On Saturday, Mom and I walked at Memorial Park and enjoyed breakfast outside. The weather was beautiful and we were soaking in as much vitamin D as we could. Then we drove to Katie and Tres's house and I got to play with their two labs (Shiner and Miller). Miller was no longer the six pound puppy that he was when I saw him 2 years ago. Katie and I had lunch at La Madeline (ate outside again) and then got our hair done. I wanted lose curls, but had forgotten to bring a picture. Fortunately, the Costa Rican lady knew what I was talking about. Then we went to DSW, the discount shoe mecca.
Katie and me at lunch
After shopping, it was time to head to the church. Katie's job was to pick up the dress. She took this job very seriously. You see, Katie is usually fashionably late, but this time- she was the first person at the church. Fortunately, Tim was on time, too!
The wedding was perfect and I cried tears of joy throughout the ceremony. Afterward we danced the night away at the Junior League. There was an amazing ten member band and the champagne was flowing like water.

What a wonderful post!!! Thank you very much ma'am! I think it's simply hillarious that Tim will never live it down that he was so late for the rehearsal :-)