mt. marcy

blogging my way through this smoggy world


Law v. Med

A couple of weeks ago the annual Malpractice Bowl took place. It is a flag football game with the law school against the med school. There is a boys game and a girls game. It gets rough. In years past teeth have gone missing and noses broken. Rest assured the first thing I bought was a mouthguard to protect my pearly whites. To prepare for the big game we have coaches, practices, and plays.

The day of the big game arrived and my parents came to cheer me on. Even though I am not good at ball sports, Coach put me in as starting running back because I am fast. I was super nervous that I would forget my plays so I wore a little fanny pack (one of those that goes under your clothes for traveling in third world countries). Figuring that if I couldn't catch the ball, at least I would look good- I got all dolled up and refused to have the traditional black lines drawn under my eyes.

We won the coin toss which meant that we got the ball first. Shoot- that meant I was in first. So the quarterback called the play and I was to run up and grab it from her. I froze. Literally. Our quarterback was holding the ball out for me to grab and I was just standing there. Coach pulled me and I quickly became the second running back.

The good news is we won. The boys won, too, but it helps that we have several former college players and one guy who played professional football in Europe.

Also worthy of note, I understand football now. I can watch a game and know what's going on. This a revelation for me! However, I still cannot comprehend how people catch or throw balls.

Me in action.
The team.
After the game.

1 Responses to “Law v. Med”

  1. # Blogger Stewart Stuff

    I would name you MVP. :)  

Post a Comment



© 2006 mt. marcy | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health